|26 02 2014
February 26, 2014
The election for Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication Commission (PCC) will be held during OISTAT PCC meeting on October 3-8, 2014, in Taipei, Taiwan. Meeting details will be sent in early March. After serving as OISTAT Publication & Communication Chair since 2011, the current Chair Austin Wang will step down this year. In the last four years, the Commission and its members initiated and saw achievements for World Scenography 1975-1990, Digital Theatre Words and online communications such as the new OISTAT website and social medias. We hope that the succeeding Chair will lead OISTAT Publication & Communication in the following four years with equal success.
We would like to officially call for candidates for the Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication. OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are encouraged to send their nominations to Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for nominations will be May 5th, 2014. Nominations from OISTAT Centres should include a letter of nomination from the Centre, the candidate’s CV with contacts and the candidate’s statement of intent. Nominations of Individual Members should include a letter of nomination from a peer OISTAT member, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent.
The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication is a member of OISTAT Governing Board (GB). Governing Board members shall work under the auspices of the Congress and not as representatives of their OISTAT Centres and shall meet with Executive Committee at least once a year, not including its meeting at the Congress. The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication shall also organize commission meetings at least once a year.
Guidelines for election of Chairs of Commissions can be found in OISTAT Statutes-Appendix 2,
RULES FOR THE ELECTION OF THE PRESIDENT, THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
A general schedule for elections which ensures continuity and complies with the Statutes shall be made by the Executive Committee.
C. THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
1. Members of OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are eligible to be elected as Chair of a Commission.
2. At least six months before a Commission meeting takes place at which a Chair is to be elected, the EC will ask the OISTAT Centres and Individual Members to nominate candidates for the post of Chair of the Commission in question.
3. The OISTAT Centres and Individual Members should send names and addresses of possible candidates to the EC within two months.
4. The EC will appoint one or more persons who will contact the persons in question for further information.
5. This list will be made public at least two months before the Commission meeting at which the election is to take place.
6. Only delegates of the OISTAT Centres and Individual Members attending that Commission meeting will be entitled to vote.
7. The election takes place by secret ballot. Each voting delegate has one vote.
8. The candidate who has the highest number of votes cast, provided that these are more than half of the votes cast, will become Chair.
9. If such a result is not obtained during the first election, then a second election will be held between the two candidates with the highest number of votes. If two candidates have equally received the second highest number of votes, then an election shall first be held between these two candidates.
10. If there is an even number of voting delegates for an election, in order to prevent a tie vote, an attending member from the EC will also cast a vote.
11. After the Chair has been elected, one or more Vice-Chairman will be chosen.
12. Should the Chair resign or otherwise leave office during his/her term of office, the Commission will by the same procedures appoint an Interim Chair to hold office until the next scheduled election or until its next meeting.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your recommendations and nominations.
International Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians
Organisation Internationale des Scenografes, Techniciens et Architectes de Theatre
Suite A, 2F, No.7, Sec. 2, Renai Rd., Taipei 10055, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: +886-2-77260088 Fax: +886-2-77260808