|12 04 2017
We would like to remind you that the deadline for submission of proposal for WSD 2021 is April 30, 2017. OISTAT designates the WSD location four years in advance to provide sufficient time for planning and securing resources for the whole WSD project.
The primary goal of World Stage Design has been to present an exhibition of designers work that explores the breadth and diversity of international design practice.
Each WSD has developed a complimentary programme of activities representative of all of OISTAT’s commissions: The Scenofest. This has in the past included performance programmes, symposiums, workshops and masterclass programmes. Each WSD organizer is invited to create their own unique Scenofest programme to run alongside the exhibition.
WSD2021 will not only include the Exhibition, Scenofest and World Congress, but also the Theatre Architecture Competition and Technical Invention Prize. WSD moving forward as a quadrennial project of OISTAT will connect creators, practitioners, artists and audiences in an international festival and celebration of performance design, theatre architecture and technical theatre.
At the World Congress in Taipei in 2017, we will give interested contenders the opportunity to present their vision and plans for WSD2021. After the World Congress, the newly elected Executive Committee shall evaluate the proposals and designate the location for WSD2021 before February 2018. OISTAT Headquarters and Executive Committee will form an advisory group to facilitate the preparation process of WSD.
Bid guidelines for the WSD2021 designation are detailed as following:
Proposal submissions should be made to the Headquarters in Taipei before April 30, 2017 in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal & Presentation
1. The submitted proposal should include the following
· An overall vision for WSD2021 and how it will be realized in its location.
· An overview of all collaborative partners.
· An outline of timelines from final event dates back through submission dates.
· An outline budget of the event.
2. Contenders will be allocated a 10-minute presentation during World Congress in Taipei. Presentations that require projection support shall be sent to Headquarters by June 26, 2017.
1. WSD2021 will organize an exhibition that represents the breadth and diversity of international design, celebrating the range of design disciplines, culture and practice within OISTAT.
2. WSD2021 exhibition entry is open to all individual designers who have worked to create realized performances between September 2016 and the date of WSD2021.
3. WSD2021 selection to the final exhibition will be made by a panel of international curators.
4. WSD2021 will include OISTAT’s quadrennial World Congress, Theatre Architecture Competition and Technical Invention Prize.
5. WSD2021 shall provide OISTAT with a final report for project review and archives.
6. WSD2021 will integrate the Theatre Architecture Competition and the Technical Invention Prize as a part of all WSD2021 promotions, exhibition and awards.
7. Scenofest will include a diverse programme of activity and performance representative of all OISTAT commissions.
8. WSD2021 shall be responsible for opening receptions of WSD and Congress.
9. WSD2021 shall be responsible for the overall management and budgeting of the WSD, Scenofest, Exhibitions of the Theatre Architecture Competition and the Technical Invention Prize.
10. WSD2021 shall be responsible for the event catalogue.
11. WSD2021 shall be responsible for local and international media promotions.
12. WSD2021 shall be responsible for event documentation, including photo and video of all events and maintaining a sustainable digital Gallery.
13. WSD2021 shall be responsible for the travel costs, accommodation, honorarium and per-diems of the invited Congress keynote speaker(s). (Approximately 4 people)
14. WSD2021 will organize local transportation and accommodation for all members of Executive Committee and Governing Board, voting delegates, Presidential candidates, Executive Committee candidates and the Headquarters (approximately 60 people.) The accommodation provided will where possible be free or provide a low cost option.
All proposals with contact information should be sent directly to the Headquarter in Taipei. Candidates are encouraged to ask questions about the events, the call and the expectation from OISTAT. Questions should be directed towards OISTAT HQ at email@example.com.