|09 01 2018
The Chair Election of OISTAT Publication & Communication commission will be held at Publication & Communication commission meeting in 2018. The dates and place of the PCC meeting will be announced soon.
OISTAT Publication & Communication commission is the facilitator of communication within the international network of OISTAT. Through initiating projects, utilizing both printed publications and online media, Publication & Communication commission works closely with Headquarters to promote the knowledge exchange across culture, generations and disciplines.
We would like to thank the current Chair Carl Walling for his achievement and commitment that opened up various possibilities for OISTAT Publication & Communication. In the last four years, the Commission and its members initiated and saw achievements for the Core Strategy Project, Recommendations of Bibliography on Theatre Arts, and online communications such as social media and websites. We hope that the succeeding Chair will lead OISTAT Publication & Communication in the following four years with equal success.
The Call for candidates is now open. OISTAT Centres, Individual Members & Associate Members are encouraged to send nominations to Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than February 26, 2018
The Candidate nominations from OISTAT Centres should include a letter from the Centre, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent. The nominations from Individual & Associate Members should include a letter of nomination from a peer OISTAT member, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent.
The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication is the member of OISTAT Governing Board (GB). Governing Board members shall work under the auspices of the Congress and not as representatives of their OISTAT Centres and shall meet with Executive Committee at least once a year, not including its meeting at
the Congress. The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication shall also organize commission meetings at least once a year to discuss projects, commission affairs and collaborations with other commissions.
Guidelines for election of Chairs of Commissions can be found in OISTAT Statutes-Appendix 2:
RULES FOR THE ELECTION OF THE PRESIDENT, THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
A general schedule for elections which ensures continuity and complies with the Statutes shall be made by the Executive Committee.
C.THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
1. Members of OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and delegates of Associate Members are eligible to be elected as Chair of a Commission.
2. At least six months before a Commission meeting takes place at which a Chair is to be elected, the EC will ask
the OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and Associate Members to nominate candidates for the post of Chair
of the Commission in question.
3. The OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and Associate Members should send names and addresses of
possible candidates to the EC within two months.
4. The EC will appoint one or more persons who will contact the persons in question for further information.
5. This list will be made public at least two months before the Commission meeting at which the election is to take place.
6. Only delegates of the OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and delegates of Associate Members attending that Commission meeting will be entitled to vote.
7. The election takes place by secret ballot.
8. The candidate who has the highest number of votes cast, if these are more than half of the votes cast, will become Chair.
9. If such a result is not obtained during the first election, then a second election will be held between the two candidates with the highest number of votes. If two candidates have equally received the second highest number of votes, then an election shall first be held between these two candidates.
10. After the Chair has been elected, one or more Vice-Chairs will be chosen.
11. Should the Chair resign or otherwise leave office during his/her term of office, the Vice-Chair will hold office
until the next scheduled meeting.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your recommendations and nominations.
International Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians
Organisation Internationale des Scénographes, Techniciens et Architectes de Théâtre Suite L, Center for Innovation Taipei (CIT), No.1, Yumen St., Taipei 10452, Taiwan
Tel: +886 2 25962294 Fax: +886 2 25981647