|02 07 2014
This is the last call for nominations for the Chair of OISTAT Publication and Communication. The election for Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication Commission (PCC) will be held during OISTAT Publication & Communication meeting in October 3-8, 2014, in Taipei, Taiwan. OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are encouraged to send their nominations to Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for nominations will be July 18, 2014. Registration for the PCC Conference is now open. For full program and registration, please go to www.oistat.org.
Nominations from OISTAT Centres should include a letter of nomination from the Centre, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent. Nominations of Individual Members should include a letter of nomination from a peer OISTAT member, the candidate’s CV and the candidate’s statement of intent.
The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication is a member of OISTAT Governing Board (GB). Governing Board members shall work under the auspices of the Congress and not as representatives of their OISTAT Centres and shall meet with Executive Committee at least once a year, not including its meeting at the Congress. The Chair of OISTAT Publication & Communication shall also organize commission meetings at least once a year.
Guidelines for election of Chairs of Commissions can be found in OISTAT Statutes-Appendix 2,
RULES FOR THE ELECTION OF THE PRESIDENT, THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
A general schedule for elections which ensures continuity and complies with the Statutes shall be made by the Executive Committee.
C. THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS
1. Members of OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are eligible to be elected as Chair of a Commission.
2. At least six months before a Commission meeting takes place at which a Chair is to be elected, the EC will ask the OISTAT Centres and Individual Members to nominate candidates for the post of Chair of the Commission in question.
3. The OISTAT Centres and Individual Members should send names and addresses of possible candidates to the EC within two months.
4. The EC will appoint one or more persons who will contact the persons in question for further information.
5. This list will be made public at least two months before the Commission meeting at which the election is to take place.
6. Only delegates of the OISTAT Centres and Individual Members attending that Commission meeting will be entitled to vote.
7. The election takes place by secret ballot. Each voting delegate of an OISTAT Centre has one vote. Individual member’s vote shall have the value of 1/10 of a full vote. Associate Members may not vote. The candidate who has the highest number of votes cast, provided that these are more than half of the votes cast, will become Chair.
8. If such a result is not obtained during the first election, then a second election will be held between the two candidates with the highest number of votes. If two candidates have equally received the second highest number of votes, then an election shall first be held between these two candidates.
9. If there is an even number of voting delegates for an election, in order to prevent a tie vote, an attending member from the EC will also cast a vote.
10. After the Chair has been elected, one or more Vice-Chairman will be chosen.
11. Should the Chair resign or otherwise leave office during his/her term of office, the Commission will by the same procedures appoint an Interim Chair to hold office until the next scheduled election or until its next meeting.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your recommendations and nominations.
International Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians Organisation Internationale des Scénographes, Techniciens et Architectes de Théâtre
Suite A, 2F, No.7, Sec. 2, Renai Rd., Taipei 10055, Taiwan
Tel: +886-2-77260088 Fax: +886-2-77260808